Tuesday, November 3, 2015

I Can't Die For you



So many years
I lay silent
praying, hoping
I could save you;

save us
only to find
I was dying
bit by bit-

 hiding myself
pretending it would
all be ok-

Three decades later
the mirror showed
a reflection I couldn't bare

I saw the dying part of me
the self I let fade away
trying to save you

and when the song played
"there's really no way to save me
I'm already gone",
and you said that was your song.

I realized I  could  no longer die for you,
I am sorry it's what some expect
but I need the joy, the light which
God gave me.

I can no longer live in your shadow. 


1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely personal write Lisa ~ Do take care of yourself and hope things will be better for you ~ Always good to see that light around and within our self ~

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, please leave your comment below.